- Mission Statement & Goal
- Announcements & Updates
- Featured Speaker: Manju Kumar (Garden Educator and Consultant)
- Closing Remarks
What to bring:
- Feel free to bring a simple picnic food or supply item to share with everyone.
- It is recommended to bring a folding chair, blanket, or large beach towel to sit on in case all available seating is taken.
- Find us:
- Click here to see an aerial map of Victory Park.
- There is a large red rectangle at the top left.
- We will be at “NW Picnic 1” or “NW Picnic 3.”
- If both picnic areas are unavailable, we will be nearby at the NW or SW area of the park.
- Look for “Healthy and Free” signs.
- In the large south parking lot.
- In the small west parking lot, which is usually full.
- Across N. Altadena Dr. on E. Mountain St. and on Loma Vista St.
- Go to our “Donate” page to learn about donating to our community.
Featured speaker bio:
- She is an urban farmer, educator, consultant, and activist.
- Her home garden is a beacon for permaculture that CBS, the Los Angeles Times, NPR, and the film documentary “Urban Fruit” have featured.
Featured speaker topics:
- How to start a home food garden today on a budget.
- Composting the easy way.
- Understanding how to build healthy soil.
- Creating abundance by working in harmony with nature.
Featured speaker contact information: