RSVP to Attend
- This event has passed.
Picnic Meeting – Sunday @ 4:00 PM – Guest Speaker: Chris Toussaint (Organic Farmer)
May 9, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
- Mingling & Networking
- About Healthy and Free
- Announcements & Updates
- Guest speaker (Chris Toussaint, organic farmer)
- Group Discussion
What to bring:
A positive attitude and a willingness to participate in positive discussions. Also, (optional) a small picnic item to share with the group such as crackers, trail mix, a veggie plate, a fruit platter, small bottles of water, paper plates, plastic forks, napkins, etc.
We meet at NW picnic 1 or 3 (whichever is available) as shown in the picture. The aerial map shows where this area is in relation to the park. There is free parking in the west and south parking lots. Rain doesn’t cancel these events.
Guest speaker bio:
- He’s an organic farmer.
- He’s grown vegetables & fruits for over 25 years.
- He’s was a member of the Westside Permaculture group.
- He’s currently a member of the Seed Library of Los Angeles.
Guest speaker topics:
- Tips on how to grow food for beginner & intermediate gardeners.
- Setting up a garden space, where to purchase seeds/plants and which tools to use.
- Tips for special conditions found in various Southern California bioregions.
- Bonus: Asserting sovereignty, navigating the judicial system and Chris’ story of standing up to the IRS.